Last updated July 20, 2022
1. Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site and during our ordinary business activities, Demeter may collect or ask you to provide certain nonpublic personal information (“Personal Information”) to help us manage our relationship with you and serve your investment needs. The Personal Information we may collect from you may include personally identifiable information, including names, residential or business addresses, or other contact details, signature, nationality, tax identification or passport number, date of birth, place of birth, photographs, copies of identification documents, bank account details, information about assets or net worth, credit history, information on investment activities, or other personal information, such as certain special categories of personal data (including, where relevant, information on political affiliations, ethnic origin, or criminal convictions), as specified under applicable law, that may be contained in the relevant materials, documents, or obtained through background searches.
2. Sources of Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information from:
- Your communications with us;
- Your transactions with us;
- Service providers; and
3. How we Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- To provide our products and services;
- To provide customer service and process your requests and inquiries;
- To offer new products and services;
- To process subscriptions;
- To open a trading account;
- To process transactions for client accounts;
- For account maintenance;
- To confirm your identity;
- To communicate with you;
- To protect the security and integrity of the Site;
- To prevent or investigate fraud or other unlawful activity, and detect security incidents; and
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements.
4. How We Share Personal Information
Your privacy is important to us. Demeter does not disclose any Personal Information to nonaffiliated third parties, except to service or manage a client’s account or as permitted by law. We do not sell any Personal Information.
5. How We Protect Personal Information
Demeter seeks to carefully safeguard Personal Information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that Personal Information is kept secure and safe from any loss or unauthorized disclosure or use. We restrict access to our client’s Personal Information to employees requiring that Personal Information to provide our products or services.
6. Notice for Residents of the European Economic Area and United Kingdom
Demeter does not currently offer its products or services to natural persons resident in the European Union or the United Kingdom (“EEA/UK”) and, accordingly, is not required to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Any personal data provided to us by you will be processed in the United States or other jurisdictions outside the EEA/UK which may not afford the same protections of personal data as under the GDPR.
7. Contact Us